NOW SCHEDULING: Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Training hosted by Alliant Health Solutions
This 1.5 hr. on-line interactive instructor lead virtual training, will provide a comprehensive review of a 3-step approach anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
Key Components Covered in the Training:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
After attending the training, participants will receive an email link to register with the QPR Institute which will give them access to a number of online training materials and resources including:
- Pre and Post training surveys and evaluation
- Digital version of Dr. Paul Quinnett’s book Suicide: The Forever Decision
- QPR Booklet and Card (printable and mobile version)
- Downloadable QPR role-play live practice package
- Interactive practice role-play for QPR (via text messaging scenario)
- Interactive suicide warning signs recognition practice challenge
- Special Groups Information: Youth, Older Adults, Successful People
- Post training self-assessment
One (1) continuing education unit (CEU) through the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) will be available for attending the session. You must attend the entire session to receive the CEU.
If you are interested in scheduling a training for your organization, please email QPRtraining@AlliantHealth.org.
This training is made possible through a grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Below are SAMHSA created resources of suggested ways to care for your mental wellness during this outbreak.
- Talking with Children, Caregivers, Parents and Teachers During an Infectious Outbreak
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
MHFA Resources for How to Use ALGEE During COVID